What We Do
At Oliver Behavioral Consultants, we take a whole-child approach when working with our clients. This approach includes helping children communicate effectively by assisting with the improvement of their verbal and non-verbal language skills. It can also include addressing concerns with feeding and swallowing abilities and social communication strategies. We work with children of all ages, from newborns to adolescents to help with all these skills, so our clients are able to be successful across multiple environments.
When A Child Might Need to See a Speech-Language Pathologist?
Children see speech-language pathologists for a variety of reasons, including:
- Difficulty with feeding, swallowing, sucking – unable to safely eat or drink age-appropriate foods and liquids
- Difficulty articulating age-appropriate sounds
- Difficulty with fluent speech (stuttering)
- Difficulty using words, phrases, and sentences to communicate at an age-appropriate level – needs help using words to communicate and/or turning words into phrases
- Difficulty understanding information such as following directions or answering questions – needs help understanding words spoken to them
- Difficulty organizing information and regulating behavior
- Difficulty with age-appropriate social exchanges with peers or adults during play or structured activities (such as greetings, responding to their name, eye contact, turn-taking, and much more)